Sunday 2 January 2011

Getting Back On Track (Despite Banklay's)

After following Money Saving Expert for several years, I had decided to take their advice regarding bank charges and sent letters to Banklay's Barc (yes, you know to whom I'm refering) and the Financial Ombudsman outlining that over six years, Bankley's have taken aproximately £1400 from my account and reckon that I am £680 over-drawn. I offered Banklay's to put my balance to zero and close the account; they would still be over £700 up and, better still, we would be free of each other, happy days!
Just before Christmas, I received a letter from the toothless Financial Ombudsman stating that they would not uphold my complaint about Banklay's Illegal/Unlawful/Unfair/DaylightPenalty Charges.
A day later I received a letter from Bankley's, demanding that I pay back the money they insist I owe them, and to not ignore their demands (I mean, letters). I'm not ignoring them, I just don't have any money to pay them right now.
On my meagre wages, even with over-time, I am struggling to keep my head above water.
Wish me luck; I'll need it! Oh, and Happy New Year (especially if you work for Banklay's Barc)!

No comments:

Post a Comment